TVS Ntorq 150 long term review, 4,000km report

While scooters are more practical than motorcycles, the choice comes down to how and where you use them. I have preferred motorcycles for daily commuting, mainly because their larger wheels and better suspension tend to offer a more composed ride, while the extra performance makes quick progress through traffic easier.
With our long-term motorcycles already being used by other colleagues, I found myself spending more time with the TVS Ntorq 150. Since our last report, it has covered another 1,000km.
The first thing any enthusiast is likely to appreciate about the Ntorq is its performance. Overtakes are easy, and you rarely need to twist the throttle all the way to make a quick move through traffic. Adding to the character of this scooter is an engaging exhaust note. The riding modes also add a useful layer of versatility. During torrential rains, with poor visibility and slippery roads, I found Street mode quite useful. It slightly reduces power delivery, making it easier to manage when conditions aren’t ideal.
However, I don’t particularly like the start-stop system that is activated in Street mode. It takes a second longer than I would like to restart when the throttle is opened, which can be irritating when launching away from a traffic light. I prefer switching it off and letting the engine idle instead.

The mirrors are another small annoyance. They provide a good field of view, but they stick out quite a bit and can make squeezing through tight traffic gaps a bit more difficult.

The front disc brake, on the other hand, has been impressive, offering strong stopping power, while the ABS isn’t intrusive. I have noticed that the rear drum brake needs adjustment roughly every 300km, though.

Despite being a sport-oriented scooter, its suspension does a really good job of dealing with potholes and broken roads. In fact, I would say it handles rough roads better than several family-oriented scooters I have used in the past.
In terms of convenience, the under-seat storage is adequate for my requirements, while the left-hand switchgear makes navigating the menus on the TFT display fairly straightforward. The external fuel filler is another small but useful touch.

After another 1,000km, the Ntorq 150 has made a convincing case for itself as a daily commuter. It has the performance to keep an enthusiast entertained, the ride quality to tackle our battered roads and enough everyday convenience to make commuting easy. It isn’t without a few niggles, but the longer I spend with it, the more I understand why this sporty scooter makes a strong argument for leaving the motorcycle at home for the daily grind.
| Odometer | 4,020km |
| Price | Rs 1.21 lakh (ex-showroom) |
| Faults | None |
| Maintainance costs | None |
| Previous reports | June 2026 |
from Autocar India https://ift.tt/ukS3TjH
Comments
Post a Comment